Balgowlah, NSW 2093
Balgowlah is a wonderfully laidback suburb highly desired for its geographical beauty and relaxed lifestyle.
It was named in 1832 after an Aboriginal word meaning 'north harbour', referencing Balgowlah's position from Port Jackson.
The picturesque Manly Scenic Walkway winds along Balgowlah's foreshore, past North Harbour Reserve, with its playground and basketball court, around to the charming old North Harbour Sailing Club and on to pretty Forty Baskets Beach. Set in the protected waters of Manly Cove, it's loved for its swimming enclosure and magical harbour views.
Real estate-wise, Balgowlah offers a diversity of properties, from family homes from a variety of eras on generous blocks to apartments, both older style and more contemporary. Many homes on the harbour side of the suburb enjoy glorious water vistas.
Golf lovers can play a round at Balgowlah Golf Club or Manly Golf Club, one of Sydney's original foundation clubs with more than a century of rich golfing heritage, complete with a Group One Thomson Perrett designed course rated among Australia's top 100. Next to this, LM Graham Reserve offers soccer and cricket facilities as well as a dog park.
Balgowlah is home to Stockland Balgowlah Shopping Centre where you'll find fashion, food, supermarkets and specialty stores. You're also just a short drive from Manly, which offers countless attractions including world-class surf breaks, unique shops and a bustling culinary and entertainment scene with countless cafes, restaurants, small bars and micro-breweries.
Nearby schools and childcare centres are abundant which reflects the family orientation of the area. They include Manly West Public School, Balgowlah Heights Public School, St Mary's Catholic Primary School, St Cecilia's Catholic Primary School, Northern Beaches Secondary College Balgowlah Boys Campus, Northern Beaches Secondary College Manly Campus, Northern Beaches Secondary College Freshwater Senior Campus and Northern Beaches Secondary College Mackellar Girls Campus.
You can take a quick bus ride down to the Manly ferry, which takes you on a scenic journey to the city, with buses along Sydney Road also taking you to the CBD. Balgowlah is on one of the routes of Manly Council's free Hop-Skip-Jump bus services within the Manly area.
Balgowlah have a wealth of knowledge when it comes to both sales and property management in Balgowlah, so feel free to ask us what we love most about the area.
Balgowlah Suburb Map
Amenities in Balgowlah
- Independent Schools
- Public Schools
- K-6St Cecilia's Catholic Primary School
- K-6Manly West Public School
- 7-12Northern Beaches Secondary College Balgowlah Boys Campus
- Bus Services
- 141Manly to Austlink via Seaforth and Frenchs ForestForest Coach Lines
- 142Manly to Allambie HeightsKeolis Downer Northern Beaches
- 144Chatswood to Manly via St LeonardsKeolis Downer Northern Beaches
- 144NNorth Sydney to Manly (Night Service)Keolis Downer Northern Beaches
- 145Seaforth to Warringah MallKeolis Downer Northern Beaches
- 150XMilsons Point to Manly (Express Service)Keolis Downer Northern Beaches
- 154XMilsons Point to Dee Why (Express Service)Keolis Downer Northern Beaches
- 162Manly to SeaforthKeolis Downer Northern Beaches
- 165XCity Wynyard to South Curl Curl (Express Service)Keolis Downer Northern Beaches
- 168XCity Wynyard to Balgowlah via North Balgowlah (Express Service)Keolis Downer Northern Beaches
- 170XCity Wynyard to Manly (Express Service)Keolis Downer Northern Beaches
- 171XCity Wynyard to Balgowlah via Clontarf (Express Service)Keolis Downer Northern Beaches
Local Parks, Clubs & Facilities
- Dirty Haul Beach
- Silver Beach
- Balgowlah Golf Club
- Club Totem
- North Harbour Sailing Club
- Balgowlah Golf Course
- Balgowlah Community Health Centre
- Balgowlah Park
- Brimbecon Park
- Manly West Park
- North Harbour Reserve
- Swaine Reserve
- Wellings Reserve
Places of Worship
- Anglican Church
- Catholic Church
- Uniting Church
- Totem Shopping Centre