Clontarf, NSW 2093
Clontarf’s prestigious leafy streets are lined with impressive multimillion dollar residences, almost exclusively all freestanding houses on generous blocks.
A highly prized address that's particularly loved by families, Clontarf has a series of boutique beaches lining its harbourfront. Follow the Manly Scenic Walkway along the water and you'll encounter secluded Washaway Beach, Castle Rock Beach and Clontarf Beach, where you'll find the Clontarf Baths and Clontarf Reserve, with its great restaurant and playground. A little further along at dog-friendly Sandy Bay, the refurbished Clontarf Marina is where locals love to moor their boats so they can explore the glorious local waterways. It's also where they linger over breakfast or lunch with a beautiful backdrop at The Sandy Bear, serving up deliciously healthy fare.
The national parkland and leafy harbourfront are also home to some ancient Aboriginal rock engravings, Aboriginal shell midden and an Indigenous cave shelter.
Clontarf's prestigious leafy streets are lined with impressive multimillion dollar residences, almost exclusively all freestanding houses on generous blocks. Thanks to its elevation and the extent of its harbourfront, the majority capture some pretty breathtaking water views. Given the tightly held nature of the suburb, there's often not a great deal on the market.
When it comes to shopping, you can duck into local Balgowlah Heights village for all of your daily needs and great coffee, or head to Stockland Balgowlah Shopping Centre for fashion, food, supermarkets and specialty stores. Seaforth village shops are also just a short drive away, meaning you never have to travel far to get what you're after.
Given that Clontarf is all about family life, it's not surprising that there are plenty of local schools and childcare centres in the area. They include Balgowlah Heights Public School, Seaforth Public School, St Cecilia's Catholic Primary School, Northern Beaches Secondary College Balgowlah Boys Campus, Northern Beaches Secondary College Manly Campus, and Northern Beaches Secondary College Mackellar Girls Campus.
In terms of transport, you can jump on a bus and take a quick ride to the Manly ferry, from where you can enjoy a scenic journey across the harbour to the city. A variety of bus options also take you all the way to the city and to Westfield Warringah Mall, one of the area's largest retail centres. Clontarf lies on one of the routes of Manly Council's free Hop-Skip-Jump bus services within the Manly area.
Guildea Real Estate Agents have a wealth of knowledge when it comes to both sales and property management in Clontarf, so feel free to ask us what we love most about the area.
Clontarf Suburb Map
Amenities in Clontarf
- Public Schools
- K-6Balgowlah Heights Public School
- Bus Services
- 141Manly to Austlink via Seaforth and Frenchs ForestForest Coach Lines
- 144Chatswood to Manly via St LeonardsKeolis Downer Northern Beaches
- 144NNorth Sydney to Manly (Night Service)Keolis Downer Northern Beaches
- 145Seaforth to Warringah MallKeolis Downer Northern Beaches
- 150XMilsons Point to Manly (Express Service)Keolis Downer Northern Beaches
- 162Manly to SeaforthKeolis Downer Northern Beaches
- 168XCity Wynyard to Balgowlah via North Balgowlah (Express Service)Keolis Downer Northern Beaches
- 170XCity Wynyard to Manly (Express Service)Keolis Downer Northern Beaches
- 171XCity Wynyard to Balgowlah via Clontarf (Express Service)Keolis Downer Northern Beaches
- 172XCity Wynyard to Warringah Mall via North Balgowlah (Express Service)Keolis Downer Northern Beaches
- 173XCity Wynyard to Warringah Mall via Balgowlah Shops (Express Service)Keolis Downer Northern Beaches