Fairlight, NSW 2094
Fairlight is a picturesque coastal address that’s home to an idyllic, protected beach with a tidal rock pool and great views out through The Heads.
A little quieter than its iconic neighbour Manly, it takes its name from Fairlight House, a grand 1850s sandstone manor which has since been demolished.
The beautiful Manly Scenic Walkway meanders past Fairlight Beach, which is a wonderfully calm spot for snorkelling, scuba diving, paddle boarding or a barbeque. A little further around, boating enthusiasts can moor their vessel at Manly Boatshed. If the beach isn't your thing, your can always swim a few laps at nearby Manly Andrew Boy Charlton Swim Centre.
Golf lovers can play a round at Manly Golf Club, one of Sydney's original foundation clubs with more than a century of rich golfing heritage, complete with a Group One Thomson Perrett designed course rated among Australia's top 100. Next to this, LM Graham Reserve offers soccer and cricket facilities as well as a dog park.
Fairlight has its own set of local village shops along Sydney Road so you don't have to go too far for your daily essentials or your morning coffee. Further along Sydney Road in Balgowlah you'll find even more retail offerings at Stockland Balgowlah Shopping Centre.
Of course, neighbouring Manly offers countless attractions. You can surf renowned breaks, swim in tranquil bays such as Shelly Beach and Fairy Bower Beach, shop for fashion and homewares or immerse yourself in a thriving entertainment scene, with countless great local cafes, restaurants, small bars and micro-breweries.
Fairlight's properties are an eclectic combination of renovated period homes, more contemporary luxury houses, older-style apartments and stylish modern boutique apartments and townhouses. Many of them enjoy some pretty breathtaking harbour views.
Local schools and childcare centres are plentiful which is unsurprising given the family orientation of the area. They include Manly West Public School, Balgowlah Heights Public School, St Mary's Catholic Primary School, St Cecilia's Catholic Primary School, Northern Beaches Secondary College Balgowlah Boys Campus, Northern Beaches Secondary College Manly Campus, Northern Beaches Secondary College Freshwater Senior Campus and Northern Beaches Secondary College Mackellar Girls Campus.
Fairlight residents can enjoy a leisurely walk or a short bus ride to the Manly ferry, which takes you on a scenic journey to the city, with buses along Sydney Road also taking you to the CBD. Fairlight is also on one of the routes of Manly Council's free Hop-Skip-Jump bus services within the Manly area.
Guildea Real Estate Agents have a wealth of knowledge when it comes to both sales and property management in Fairlight, so feel free to ask us what we love most about the area.
Fairlight Suburb Map
Amenities in Fairlight
- Public Schools
- Early Childhood
- K-6Manly West Public School
- DaycareOnly About Children Fairlight 1
- DaycareOnly About Children Fairlight 2 Campus
- DaycareThe Roundhouse Child Care Centre
- Bus Services
- 141Manly to Austlink via Seaforth and Frenchs ForestForest Coach Lines
- 142Manly to Allambie HeightsState Transit
- 144Chatswood to Manly via St LeonardsState Transit
- 144NNorth Sydney to Manly (Night Service)State Transit
- 145Seaforth to Warringah MallState Transit
- 150XMilsons Point to Manly (Express Service)State Transit
- 154XMilsons Point to Dee Why (Express Service)State Transit
- 162Manly to SeaforthState Transit
- 165XCity Wynyard to South Curl Curl (Express Service)State Transit
- 166Manly to Frenchs Forest via Dee Why BeachState Transit
- 167Manly to Warringah Mall via South Curl CurlState Transit
- 170XCity Wynyard to Manly (Express Service)State Transit
Local Parks, Clubs & Facilities
- Fairlight Beach
- Manly Golf Club
- William Street Studios
- Manly Golf Course
- Kay-ye-my Point
- Uniting Wesley Heights Manly
- Esplanade Park
- Graham Reserve
- Weerona Park